Welcome Back! Hope everyone had a fun, safe, and healthy summer.
Just a few reminders: If your child needs medication during school hours or has a condition that requires emergency meds be kept on hand, please make sure those have been dropped off.
Kindergarten parents please send in a Full change of clothes in case your child needs it.
Please review school policy reminders below.
Have a great school year!!
Cold vs. Allergy: How Do I Know the Difference? Quick reference guide to help sort these two out.
About colds and allergies
Stuffy or runny nose
Cold: Rarely, never
Aches and pains
Recur at a certain time of year
Need for antibiotics
Allergy: Symptoms occur after exposure to allergen
Cold: Gets worse over several days
How long it lasts
Allergy: As long as your child is exposed to the allergen
Cold: Usually three to 14 days
Attention 7th Graders!
From your STC School Nurse’s Desk
This is a great incentive for our 7th graders to get active for Free!
Spring Valley YMCA 7th Grade Initiative
GROWING STRONGER TOGETHER
All kids have enormous potential. At the Y, we work every day to help children and teens set and achieve their personal and educational goals in settings where they can have a sense of belonging and feel comfortable exploring new interests and passions Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is proud to partner with the Pennsylvania State Alliance of YMCAs in promoting the 7th Grade Membership Initiative, which provides a FREE one-year membership to all 7th Graders in the area.
As youth begin to face the many challenges of adolescence, they are more likely to begin distancing themselves from formal organizations, friends and family, and to experiment with unhealthy and illegal behaviors. The 7th Grade Membership Initiative is an opportunity for the Y to engage, cultivate and connect with youth at a time that is most crucial to their development.
Registration for our 7th Grade Initiative program is easy. Students simply need to bring proof of 7th Grade status (a roster or report card), along with a parent or guardian to any location of the Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA.
Upon completion of the application process, the FREE one-year membership will be awarded
- MEDS should be dropped off as soon as possible! If your child needs to take medication during school hours or has a food allergy or illness that requires medication to be kept onsite, the appropriate paperwork including permission to administer medication at school as well as any applicable action plans filled in by both physician and parent along with the new labeled medication should be placed in a Ziploc bag labeled with student's name, grade, and teacher. These were due by the first day of school. If you still need to drop off your child's medication and paperwork please do so as soon as possible. Thanks!
- Please be sure we have the most up to date contact information on both the emergency contact form and the medical information form. Thanks to those families who have already returned their Medical/Emergency Information Forms!
change of clothes at school, please remember to send in another complete set of clothes. Thanks!
School Health Policies: If your child is sick with a fever, vomiting, and/or diarrhea they should remain at home until symptom free for 24 hours without the aid of fever reducing medication. Please refer to the STC School Handbook for more information.
- If your child will be absent, please call or email the front desk @ email@example.com to report your child absent and the reason for their absence.
- If your child remains absent for 3 or more days, a physician's note stating they are cleared to return to school must be provided on the day of their return.
- If illness or injury will prevent your child from participating in gym class, that request must be accompanied by a physician's note on or before your child's scheduled gym day.